Saturday, June 4, 2011

A lover’s plight- A Burning Heart…


     This post is a monologue from an experimental play that we are working on…
     Using a mix of Archaic and Modern Day English in a Contemporary setting… The play is about a lot of things, love being one of them…
     It is a monologue from one of the characters as he awaits his lover to respond after they have had a rift…

“If ye dost love me for real, then for goodness sake, pray!!! call me tomorrow….
Miss You I do…
but cant reach out to you…
And in my helplessness, I wait for you to do  the do…
Will My faith go all in vain…
Or will my mobile its speakers strain… in response to your call…
The Ring tone shall indeed be sweet music to my ears…
Oh! Please Save me from tears…
my beloved one…
This is the time I need you by me;
god knows, where you fly of spirit free…
mindful or un-mindful of me…
On the Verge of my patience I am…
And not un-amazed at your patience too…
How can you remain so cool and aloof…
at the long silence from my side.
Neither text nor call do I have from you,
Asking where things went askew!!!
And why I so suddenly withdrew…
Into this unresponsive shell…
care not ye to find out…
what grieves me???
Or what I go through by myself…
Why aren’t ye by my side now,
when I do so need you the most…
Doesn’t the emotion that we shared between us,
that we called love… make you grab your handset and put a call through???
You really love me, don’t you???
For if I Were you, I’m sure…
I wouldn’t last so long without reaching out to you…
I wonder aloud, but of course to myself….
What’s kept you from getting back to me, all this while…
Even your friend dost seem to want to enquire of me…
But you don’t seem to care, two hoots or three… 
And I feel like a lonely boat set adrift…
Fine… I’ll keep moving on my way…
But miss you, I by all means may…
Will you magically alight besides me- to do away my plight…
I am sure, you quite easily can put a call through to the person you once called, your man…
And that’s why I wonder what’s going wrong!!!…
Or is it just me, who feels the way I do…
And you, just by me, gaily flew…
… when the sun shined bright…
And now, as the shadows grow dark,
and the rays seem to arc…
Where art Thou??? ..
who vowed… to be by my side through thick and thin…
Oh… I love you so,,,
And about the fact of it, you are very much in the know…
then Where art Thou, My Beloved!!!
Come ye hither by my side…
Oh!!! What hath caused this great divide…
Which keeps you from reaching forth….
Like I said, Wait I Shall…
But not for long…
and soon I Shall…
but just move on…
Coz I shall have no alternative…
But that wont Stop me from looking back…
and searching for your lost track…
Peering into oblivion…
Hoping to catch a glimpse of you…
In time… in time… my verse will grow devoid of you…
I would tell myself then, ‘Its only my heart that knew…
How I cherished you…
Only My heart that knew, how I cherished…’
Don’t let this come to pass…
my honey bunch…
Don’t let my heart crunch in memories of- A LOVE LOST…
For promise ye, I this…
Pine I shalt not..
Nary would I dwell on your thought…
But –Falling in Love again-
I would veer off it, by a very long shot…
I would veer off it, by a very long shot…”
-The Word.





No comments:

Post a Comment